Julia Child Birthday Quiche
Did you know Aug. 15th is Julia Child’s birthday? Colleagues & fans fondly recall her keen sense of humor, passion for French wine, great food & authentic gusto for life. We’re paying tribute to the author, chef, journalist & television personality with one of her favorite dishes, quiche. Bon anniversaire Julia! 4-5 servings.
- 4 tablespoons Villa Graziella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cups diced spring mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced yellow onions
- ½ glove garlic minced
- ½ cup cubed pancetta or thick cut prosciutto
- ¾ cup sharp, cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/3 cup milk, (we used nonfat)
- 1 9-inch prebaked pie crust shell, (we were short on time)
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Prebake pie crust shell according to directions, set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms to pan, cook until moisture is released, approx. 6 minutes.
- Add cubed pancetta, minced garlic& onions to pan, sauté until golden do not overcook.
- Season with pepper, remove from pan & set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream, milk & eggs, season with pepper & a touch of sea salt.
- Sprinkle half the cheese in baked pie crust, distribute mushroom, pancetta & onion mixture evenly over crust.
- Add cream, milk & egg mixture over vegetables & pancetta, sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake until mixture sets & browns at the edges, approx. 20 minutes. Let quiche cool 10-15 minutes.
- Slice, serve & enjoy with Villa Graziella Toscano IGT Rosato rosé wine.