Chef Becker’s Grilled Asparagus with Blistered Tomatoes
Need an easy side dish for your summer barbeque? Resident Chef Scott Becker at Binny's Highland Park recently treated us to fresh grilled asparagus & blistered cherry tomatoes.
Healthy & delicious, what could be better?
- 1-pound fresh green, asparagus
- ½ cup Villa Graziella Organic, 8-year aged balsamic vinegar di Modena, plus extra to flavor
- 4 tablespoons Villa Graziella Organic Extra Virgin Olio Nuovo olive oil, plus extra to flavor
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons organic Sugar in The Raw
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat or oven to 400F°
- Snap off the fibrous, woody bottom part of each asparagus stalk, it will break off naturally where it is tough
- In a small pan over low heat, combine balsamic vinegar & sugar.
- Simmer until reduced by a quarter & thick, remove from heat, set aside & allow to thoroughly cool
- Place asparagus on a wide cookie sheet, evenly coat with olive oil, pepper & sea salt
- Place stalks on grill, turn occasionally, cook until tender, char marks should appear, remove from heat & set aside
- In a bowl, toss tomatoes with olive oil, sea salt & pepper
- Place tomatoes on a sheet pan, roast for 20 minutes or until the skins start to split, remove from heat & set aside
- Drizzle asparagus with balsamic vinegar, garnish with tomatoes & parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately & enjoy with Villa Graziella Rosso Toscano IGT red wine