Barbecued Beef Tenderloin
Are you ready to start of summer & the outdoor cooking season!?! Easy to prepare Barbecued Beef Tenderloin can be a main course dish or part of a buffet as the meat can be sliced into to smaller pieces & served with other side dishes. Start with room temperature meat, simple ingredients such as sea salt & freshly cracked pepper, your favorite herbs or spices & Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The heavy char that comes from the grilling has a delicious taste & crusty finish. Remember to allow the cooked meat to “rest” for 10-15 minutes before serving, this allows the juices to return to throughout the meat where they retreated during the cooking.
Serves 6-7 as a main course
1. 1 whole beef tenderloin (5-6 pounds)
2. 3 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
4. 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- Start with room temperature meat & trim some of the excess fat off.
- Rub Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Over high heat, sear the tenderloin well on both sides. This should take 10 to 12 minutes per each side.
- Remove the meat from the grill, then remove the grill & push coals to 1 side.
- Replace the grill & place tenderloin back on the grill, over the side with no coals.
- Place the cover on the grill & open the stop vent slightly, approx. 1-2 inches.
- Continue to cook for approx. 25 minutes for rare meat. 30 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove the meat from the grill & allow to rest about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
HOW DID THIS RECIPE GO? DID YOU ADD ANOTHER INGREDIENT TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER? PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS & FEEDBACK WITH US! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A HEALTHY & DELICIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH OUR PRODUCTS!
GRAZIE DA TEAM VILLA GABRIELLA