Braised Balsamic Vinegar Chicken
Wondering what to cook for dinner on a hectic weeknight? How about balsamic vinegar braised chicken breasts? Easy to prepare, we made our version using Villa Gabriella Organic 8 year aged balsamic vinegar di Modena. We tweaked a recipe from allrecipes.com adding fresh mushrooms & cherry tomatoes for a healthy & delicious dish that can be served with pasta, orzo or rice.
Serves 2 to 4
- ½ cup Villa Gabriella Organic 8 Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar di Modena
- 1 pound of fresh skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 15 ounces of fresh diced tomatoes (canned diced tomatoes work too)
- 1 cup of thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to season
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Cook seasoned chicken breasts until browned, approx. 3 to 4 minutes per side
- Add mushroom & onion slices
- Cook & stir until browned approx. 8-10 minutes
- Pour diced tomatoes & balsamic vinegar over the mixture
- Season with basil, oregano, rosemary & thyme
- Simmer chicken over a medium heat careful the meat does not dry. Until it is no longer pink & the juices run clear, approx. 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should indicate at least 165◦F (74◦C).
- Remove from heat & allow to “rest” for 2-3 minutes
- Serve with pasta, orzo or rice & enjoy!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & taste every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what we think. We welcome your comments & feedback.