Herb Roasted Marcona Almonds
Native to the Spanish coastal regions of Alicante, Málaga & Valencia, Marcona almonds are referred to as La Reina de las Almendras (the queen of almonds). A delicate, fine texture with a wonderfully sweet flavor, the prized trees bloom early in the year making them susceptible to spring frosts & damage. Our friends Joyce & Sue shared Ina Garten’s recipe for Marcona almonds. We tweaked it adding fresh rosemary & sage along with Villa Gabriella Certified Organic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a delicious & healthy snack rich in oleic acid & mono-unsaturated oils.
Serves 8-10 as tapas or a snack
- 1 pound of roasted, salted Marcona Almonds
- 2 tablespoons of Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs such as rosemary, sage & thyme
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350◦ degrees
- Arrange almonds on a baking or cookie sheet
- Add Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Oil & herbs
- Toss ingredients & spread evenly on cookie sheet
- Roast almonds for 5 minutes, remove from the oven & turn.
- Repeat the process for 10 – 15 minutes or until lightly toasted, careful to not overcook & burn
- Sprinkle with sea salt & remove from cookie sheet to cool
- Serve warm or at room temperature ¡Buen provecho!
- Store in an airtight container
Tried, Tasted & True! At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think.
We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA