Creamy Mascarpone Polenta Served with Ragu & Meatballs
“Polenta is to northern Italy what bread is to Tuscany, what pasta is to Emilia-Romagna and what rice is to the Veneto: easy to make, hungry to absorb other flavours, and hugely versatile.”
- Yotam Ottolenghi, Chef, Writter & Restaurant Owner
An easily transformable ingredient, Polenta can serve as the canvas to most Italian inspired meals. We have featured it with homemade ragu and meatballs, substituting the polenta for pasta and making it the starch of this comforting meal.
Generously Serves 6
- 8 ½ cups broth
- 1tbsp Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cups dried polenta
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups homemade ragu
- 18 homemade meatballs
- Bring broth, olive oil, and salt to a rolling boil over high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Slowly add polenta to broth. Stir mixture continuously to prevent lumps.
- Reduce to medium heat and continue to cook and stir for approximately 25 minutes, or until polenta is thick and cooked to the desired texture.
- Remove pan from heat. Fold in butter, mascarpone cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese until melted.
- Serve polenta as a base to homemade ragu and meatballs.
Tried, Tasted & True! At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think.
We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA