Olive Oil Honey Banana Bread
Let us introduce you to your new favorite healthy banana bread recipe! It's so good you won't event know it's healthy! It's made with whole wheat flour, naturally sweetened with honey, and uses our Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of butter. This is the perfect recipe to satisfy your craving without feeling guilty.
- 3 overripe brown bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cp dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon, until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in walnuts and/or chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool in loaf pan before slicing
**Tip: If your bananas aren't quite brown yet, place them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven at 300 degrees. Keep a close on eye on them and take them out once brown.
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA