What to serve while watching the Oscar ceremony? Crostoni! Large bread crusts in Italian, crostoni are thick bread rounds, toasted & topped with a meat or cheese garnish. We modified a recipe from the reluctant entertainer, using Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil & a reduction of Villa Gabriella Organic 8-year aged organic balsamic vinegar. Prepare ahead, pop in the oven & enjoy the show!
- French bread baguette, sliced diagonally (about 2 inches thick)
- 4-5 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra to flavor
- Reduction of Villa Gabriella Organic 8 year aged, balsamic vinegar
- 3-5 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
- ½ cup Gorgonzala cheese
- 1 medium Honeycrisp apple, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt & cracked pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to broil.
- Brush bread rounds with olive oil, place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Broil for 3 minutes, until toasty, remove from the oven
- Spread each toasted round with goat cheese & set aside
- Combine gorgonzola cheese, chopped apple & walnuts in a bowl
- Add honey & mix together
- Spoon the mixture on top ofcrostoni rounds
- Return to the oven & broil 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted
- Remove from the oven, drizzle each crostoni with balsamic vinegar reduction (recipe here)
- Serve & enjoy!
Pair with Villa Graziella artisan crafted Bianco Trebbiano IGT wine made with organic grapes.
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA