What to have for dinner during the busy holiday season? Easy lemon sage chicken! We tweaked a recipe from the spruce cooking chicken breasts on the stove top for a healthy & delicious dinner. Our version uses Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh sage, lemon & shallot. Serve with orzo, quinoa or rice, sliced in a salad the next day for lunch. Serves 4-6
- 2 pounds of fresh skinless chicken breasts or chicken pieces
- ¼ cup Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- 1 clove of shallot crushed & chopped (or substitute with garlic)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, sage, shallot, salt & pepper, set aside.
- Lightly pound chicken breast on each side between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Pour the marinade into a container with cover or a glass baking dish.
- Add the chicken to the container, turning pieces once to coat with the marinade.
- Cover & refrigerate for 1 hour, turning the pieces once every 15 minutes.
- Brush a large skillet with olive oil, set over medium heat.
- Arrange chicken onto the hot skillet & discard the marinade.
- Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Chicken will be done when the thickest part is firm to the touch & tests 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Serve hot as an entree & enjoy!
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA