Did you know it's National Garlic Month? Garlic has been used medicinally since the Greek and Roman times. Today, garlic is a widely recognized health-enhancing supplement. It promotes the well being of the heart and immune systems with antioxidant properties and helps maintain healthy blood circulation.
- 1 tablespoon of Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head of garlic, minced very fine (5 tablespoons)
- 2 sticks softened butter (1 cup), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
- ¼ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, place oil and garlic and sauté; stirring continually for five minutes. Remove just as the garlic is starting to turn tan in color and pour mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add one cup of the softened butter, parsley, Romano, salt and pepper. Stir vigorously to combine.
- Cut Italian bread from end to end horizontally down the center so you have a full top half and full bottom half.
- Melt the one tablespoon of butter and brush each cut side.
- Lay out a large sheet of foil large enough to wrap around both halves but don’t wrap yet. Line a sheet tray with it, letting any excess hang off the ends and sides.
- Place buttered bread cut side up and broil just for one minute. You want a nice golden brown look.
- Remove from broiler and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread ¾ of the garlic butter across the cut toasted bread, saving the remaining butter to serve with the garlic bread.
- Now close the top and bottoms together and wrap the foil up around tight. At this point, you could save this for later by refrigerating. Just bring to room temperature first and continue below.
- Place pan in preheated oven with rack close to top and heat for ten minutes.
- Remove, place on cutting board and cut into thick strips. Serve with the remaining garlic butter mixture.
HOW DID THIS RECIPE GO? DID YOU ADD ANOTHER INGREDIENT TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER? PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS & FEEDBACK WITH US! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A HEALTHY & DELICIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH OUR PRODUCTS!
GRAZIE DA TEAM VILLA GABRIELLA