Laurel’s Lovely Linzer Cookies
We are so grateful to talented home chef & baker Laurel for sharing her recipe for delicious & lovely, Linzer cookies made with strawberry balsamic jam. Just in time for Valentine's Day! Grazie Laurel!
- 3 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c butter, very soft
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- 1.5 t vanilla
- Jam of your choice; I used Strawberry Balsamic
- Cream butter and sugar, add wet ingredients and then dry. Blend until dough forms into pellets.
- Form 3 equal pieces, wrap in wax paper, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Follow instructions below to make butter cookie dough. Preheat oven to 400 F. Roll out on floured wax paper about 1/4'' thick. Cut half the dough using large heart cookie cutters. Using the same large heart cookie cutter, cut the remaining dough then cut out the center using a smaller heart cookie cutter. Gently remove center to create a heart ‘frame.'
- Cook 7-9 mins. The tops should not be brown, only the bottoms.
- Once cooled, spread jam on the large hearts to form the bottom of your linzer cookie. Gently place heart ‘frame’ on top.