Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
A great way to make use of all of those pumpkin seeds after carving your pumpkins is to roast them! These make the perfect healthy snack and are so easy. We boiled them in salted water first, and then toasted them with Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Happy Halloween!
- One medium sized pumpkin
- Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut open the pumpkin by cutting a circle around the stem end with a sharp knife, and pull off the top.
- Scrape the insides of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a colander and run water to rinse and separate the seeds from everything else.
- Measure the pumpkin seeds and place them in a medium saucepan. Add 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of salt to the pan for every ½ cup of pumpkin seeds. If you like your seeds a little saltier, add more salt. *The seeds are boiled in salted water to get the salt inside the shells to the seeds
- Bring the salted water and pumpkin seeds to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (about a teaspoon). Spread the seeds out in a single layer, and toss them to coat with the oil. *You can sprinkle with spices such as smoked paprika, cumin, or chili powder before they go into the oven!
- Bake on the top rack until the seeds begin to brown (5-20 minutes) depending on the size of the seeds.
- When lightly toasted, remove from oven and let cool.
Recipe source: Simply Recipes
Tried, Tasted & True!At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think.
We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA