Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar
Named Brussels Sprouts because they were first cultivated in Brussels, Belgium in the 18th century, they are part of the Brassica family of vegetables. Like miniature cabbages, Brussels Sprouts are small in size but big in nutrition as a rich source of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
One of winter’s gifts, don’t enjoy Brussels Sprouts just at Thanksgiving dinner. For a delicious and healthy side dish, serve roasted Brussels Sprouts prepared with Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Villa Gabriella Organic Balsamic Vinegar for an intense, caramelized flavor.
1 ½ pounds firm Brussel Sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in halves
4 oz. of pancetta or turkey bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
¼ cup of Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ½ Tablespoons of Villa Gabriella Organic Balsamic Vinegar
1 ½ Teaspoons sea salt
½ Teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400◦F
- Place halved Brussel Sprouts in a baking sheet, add the loose leaves for extra crispiness
- Add pancetta or turkey bacon pieces
- Add olive oil
- Add sea salt & pepper
- Mix ingredients with hands and arrange on baking sheet in a single layer
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, until browned & tender, when pancetta or turkey bacon is cooked
- Toss once during roasting
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss again
- Serve immediately & enjoy!