Because delicious tasting food can also be healthy for you, why use a store bought salad dressing when you can enjoy a tasty homemade vinaigrette that is also good for you? Try this easy to make, versatile vinaigrette recipe.
- 1/4 cup Villa Gabriella Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Your favorite lettuce, salad mix or seasonal greens such as kale or Swiss chard
- Your favorite seasonal vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, chopped artichokes, carrots, celery & fresh fennel. Thinly sliced cucumbers or red onions. Add avocados, walnuts or crumbled Blue, Feta, or Gorgonzola cheese for garnish.
- Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the salt and pepper until the salt dissolves.
- Add in the oil a bit at a time, whisking constantly.
- Or place the vinegar, salt & pepper and oil in a screw-top jar and shake to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, makes approx. 1 cup.
- Toss a few tablespoons of the dressing with the salad mix and desired salad ingredients, top with crumbled cheese, serve & enjoy immediately.
- If not using dressing right away, cover and refrigerate, whisking or shaking again before use.