Winter Spaghetti with Lemon, Peas & Olive Oil
Fresh lemon juice & zest bring an energizing fruitiness while shallots rich in vitamins B, C, iron & potassium offer a mild yet flavorful taste. Using equal parts Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil & cream, we added a cup of peas to this cooksillustrated.com recipe for a delicious winter weather pasta dish. Serve as a 1st course or a side dish to broiled chicken breast or fish. Serves 4-6.
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olio Nuovo olive oil, plus extra to flavor
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 medium shallot minced 3 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest & ¼ cup lemon juice-3 lemons
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sea salt & cracked pepper
- Cook frozen peas in salted water per package directions, drain & set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts of cold water to boil in a large covered pot or Dutch oven. Salt the water, add the pasta & cook until al dente, firm.
- Reserve 1 ¾ cup of cooking water, drain pasta into a colander, set aside.
- In the same pot, heat olive oil over medium heat, add shallots, cook until soft & translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk 1 ½ cups of pasta cooking water & cream into pot.
- Add peas, simmer 3-5 minutes stirring gently.
- Remove pot from heat, return spaghetti to pot & stir completely coating the pasta.
- Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, lemon zest, lemon juice & cheese.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Serve & enjoy with Villa Graziella artisan crafted Toscano Bianco white wine made with organic grapes.
Tip: Let the pasta mixed with sauce stand covered for 3-5 minutes allowing the sauce to thicken & the flavors to fully blend.
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA