“Summertime is always the best of what might be.”— Charles Bowden
Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year is June 21st and with it a season of sharing! Nature makes summer so pleasant. The bright sun shining and toasty temperatures are fleeting advantages of the season. There are endless ways to rejuvenate during the summer season, just be sure to enjoy the gifts of the season.
Another reason for summer’s success centers around sharing and the memories that are made. While enjoying the season, there are ample opportunities to enjoy the company of friends and family. Whether it is a grand outdoor trip, a simple dinner shared on a quiet evening under a blanket of stars, summer is a great time to share with others. Looking for ideas to make summer the most pleasant time of the year? Why not host a back-yard brunch, picnic in the park or garden dinner party where laughing, eating, drinking are all part of the menu? We included an easy recipe for Gazpacho Andaluz to enjoy with family & friends.
Nature is a very giving hostess, especially during summer. In return, we at Villa Gabriella Organic and Villa Graziella Organic assure you our sustainable winemaking, organic olive & balsamic vinegar production are respectful of our Earth. Our team has an insatiable interest in sustainable food, wine and a deep respect for authentic ingredients. We believe people can enjoy delicious food & wine without compromising their health, well-being or our environment. Enjoying delicious food & wine in the company of family and friends is one of life’s true pleasures.
So enjoy summer and start sharing!
· 1/2 cup Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil + some for garnish
· 2 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic Aged Balsamic Vinegar
· ½ red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
· ½ cucumber-peeled, seeded & coarsely chopped
· ¼ cup loosely packed parsley
· 1 garlic clove minced
· ½ avocado minced
· 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
· Sea salt
· Ground black or white pepper
1. Combine tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, garlic, balsamic vinegar & apple cider vinegar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Cover & refrigerate overnight
3. In a blender or food processor, puree marinated vegetables until smooth
4. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil with while running the blender or food processor mixing the ingredients
5. Season with to taste with salt & pepper
6. Serve in chilled bowls garnish with minced avocado
7. Drizzle with olive oil to taste
8. ¡Buen provecho!
N.B. Per Super Chef Seamus Mullen, avoid storing tomatoes in the refrigerator, the cold air dries out the moisture i.e. taste. Store Gazpacho in a covered container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator