Blueberry, Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Muffins
We’re celebrating National Blueberry Day with muffins! Made with anti-oxidant rich Villa Graziella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, healthy Greek yogurt & vitamin packed fresh blueberries, we tweaked a recipe, skipping the sugary streusel topping, replacing it with poppy seeds. Make ahead & freeze for a leisure weekend breakfast or enjoy as an on the go healthy snack. Yields approx. 12 muffins.
- 1 cup Villa Graziella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425F◦ degrees, arrange rack in the oven to the center.
- Toss fresh blueberries in 1 table spoon of flour until evenly coated, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, olive oil & sugar, use an electric mixer, set on medium & mix until smooth.
- Add yogurt & lemon juice to the bowl, mix until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda & poppy seeds to the bowl, mix until smooth.
- Add blueberries to the batter, slowly fold into mixture on a low speed.
- Using a soup spoon or ice-cream scoop, fill muffin liners until almost full.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F◦, bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown or if a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, cool, serve & enjoy!