Chef Sunita’s Walnut Paté
We had the privilege of participating in a New Year’s reboot with the very talented raw food chef, culinary author & wellness guide Sunita Vira. She served patés created not from meat but nuts & seeds! We tried Chef Sunita’s recipe in our kitchen using Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil & soaked walnuts. Prepare ahead, this easy to make, healthy spread goes with butter or Romain lettuce, fresh raw veggies, sprouted or stone wheat crackers. A delicious, crowd pleasing appetizer, it makes 1 cup, but you’ll want more after tasting, so double up on the ingredients!
From RAW for LIFE, a Modern Guide to Raw, Plant-based, Gluten-free Recipes for Busy Lives. www.rawfoodcentre.com
- 1 cup, soaked walnuts for 1-hour, rinsed & drained
- 1 tablespoon Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra to flavor
- 1 tablespoon tamari-a Japanese soy sauce made of soy & wheat, available at grocery stores
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced parsley or fresh herb of choice
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil, onion & herbs in a food processor with the S-blade
- Process making sure to scrape sides of processor with a rubber spatula
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add olive oil, onion & parsley
- Mix thoroughly
- Serve on lettuce cups, crackers or crusty French bread
- Enjoy with Villa Graziella Rosso Toscano IGT made from organic grapes
- Transfer remaining paté to a sealed glass jar for 5 days in the refrigerator, 3 months in the freezer.