National Noodle Month: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Since Spring hasn't quite sprung everywhere yet, we are celebrating the end of National Noodle Month with this healthy homemade chicken noodle soup. Make a big batch and have it for the rest of the week, or stick it in the freezer for when you are fighting a cold!
- 2 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 cups egg noodles
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onion and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, shredded chicken, noodles, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes before serving.
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA