Jan. 6th is National Bean Day, we’re celebrating with a winter favorite, Chili! We adapted a recipe using Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for an easy & delicious, protein packed meal. We served it with Rosemary Cornbread. Serves 8-10.
- 3 tablespoons Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red or orange pepper-chopped
- 1 yellow pepper-chopped
- 2-15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 -15 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 -15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 -15oz cans red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté peppers until soft.
- Add onion to pan & sauté until golden translucent.
- Add ground turkey to skillet, cook until brown.
- Place pepper, onion & turkey into slow cooker.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder & cumin.
- Mix & season with sea salt & fresh cracked pepper.
- Cover & cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours, occasionally stir ingredients.
- Add toppings
- Serve & enjoy with Rosemary Cornbread
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA