What separates a panini from just a “normal” sandwich? The grilling! Grilling or toasting bread is the hallmark of panini! Perfect panini by brushing Villa Gabriella Organic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top & the flip side of bread for extra crunch! Use your favorite meats, cheeses, veggies & brush Villa Gabriella Organic Aged Balsamic Vinegar for added flavor. Healthy & delicious!
Makes 4 sandwiches
What to pair with your perfect panini? Protein rich cheese & cured meat taste even better with the crisp golden apple & luscious pear flavors of Villa Graziella Bianco Trebbiano artisan crafted white wine made with organic grapes.
- ½ cup Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra to flavor
- ¼ cup Villa Gabriella Aged Balsamic Vinegar di Modena
- 4 Italian ciabatta or country bread rolls split
- 8 slices of fresh Italian Mortadella or slices of your favorite capicola, ham, salami or turkey
- 8 slices of Smoked Provolone cheese or your favorite slices of American, Cheddar, Gruyere, Havarti, Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- Brush grill or panini machine with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, heat to medium heat
- Brush olive oil along the inside center of each roll with ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Turn over & repeat the process on the other side of the bread with ½ tablespoon of oil
- Assemble sandwiches starting with meat, followed by the cheese, brush ingredients evenly with ½ tablespoon of vinegar
- Season with pepper.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- If using a frying pan, press sandwich down with a lid & cook sandwiches approx. 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread is fully toasted
- Serve & enjoy!
Useful Panini Tips
- Use 1 or 2 day old bread instead of fresh baked bread as it will hold up ingredients better & grills evenly
- Cut bread with a straight edged knife not a serrated one to ensure a smooth separation for cooked panini
- For a crustier, toasty panini without burning, cook on lower heat for longer time, instead of a higher heat
- Avoid mushy panini by adding the greens after grilling. Add Arugula, basil, cilantro, lettuce or spinach leaves, red onions or ripe tomatoes & insert right before serving for a soggy free sandwich.
- If using bulkier or “wet” fillings such as avocado chunks, roast beef or tuna fish place ingredients in the middle of the bread
HOW DID THIS RECIPE GO? DID YOU ADD ANOTHER INGREDIENT TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER? PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS & FEEDBACK WITH US! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A HEALTHY & DELICIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH OUR PRODUCTS!
GRAZIE DA TEAM VILLA GABRIELLA