National Chocolate Pudding Day
Today is National Chocolate Pudding Day! No need to turn on the oven or heat up the kitchen with an Olive Oil & Dark Chocolate Mousse. Easy to make, use Villa Gabriella organic, extra virgin olive oil, dark chocolate, a bit of brandy & a hint of coffee. The distinct ingredients create a symphony of lush flavors for a velvety rich dessert. Make ahead or overnight. A little goes a long way, so serve in small ramekins with seasonal berries.
- 7 Ounces quality dark chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup fresh berries washed & dried
- 2/3 Cup caster sugar*
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy
- 1 Tablespoon espresso powder or instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler pan, set aside & allow to cool
- Separate the eggs
- Beat the egg whites until frothy, add 1 tablespoon of sugar & beat again until a shiny “meringue” texture forms with stiff but creamy peaks
- Beat the egg yolks with remaining sugar until pale & thick
- Combine the coffee & brandy into the mixture
- Gently fold in the olive oil & melted chocolate
- Gently fold in the egg whites
- Pour the mixture into ramekins & top with fresh berries
- Cover & chill until mixture sets about 4 hours or overnight
- Serve & enjoy
*Castor /caster sugar in Great Britain or called "superfine" sugar in the U.S. has a refined consistency, (but not as fine as Confectioners’ sugar). Used in meringues or cold liquids it dissolves much quicker than regular sugar. To make caster sugar substitute place granulated sugar in a blender or food processor. Pulse until the sugar reaches a super fine, but not powdery consistency. Allow sugar to settle before adding to recipe.
HOW DID THIS RECIPE GO? DID YOU ADD ANOTHER INGREDIENT TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER? PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS & FEEDBACK WITH US! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A HEALTHY & DELICIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH OUR PRODUCTS!
GRAZIE DA TEAM VILLA GABRIELLA