Chicken & Bruschetta Pasta
Did you know pasta may not have originated in China? Archeologists claim ground cereal & grains appeared before Marco Polo’s travels to China in the late 1200’s. Food historians state the ancient Etruscan civilization in Italy added water to barley, flour & wheat combinations then cooked the mixture for food. Today pasta is a global favorite from Asia to Argentina to Africa.
We’re celebrating International Pasta Day with our healthy & delicious chicken pasta using both our Villa Gabriella Organic organic, extra virgin olive oil & organic 8 year aged balsamic vinegar di Modena. We’re enjoying it with our Villa Graziella artisan crafted Rosso Toscano IGT red wine, made with organic grapes. Bright fruity notes pair perfectly with zesty Roma tomatoes & protein rich chicken breast. Buon appetito!
- 4 (4oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 basil, fresh leaves
- 4 garlic gloves
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Villa Gabriella Organic balsamic vinegar *The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, but we found that 1/4 cup is better & not quite as strong
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1/8 tsp pepper, fresh ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp Villa Gabriella Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package
- Season chicken with salt & pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Villa Gabriella Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a nonstick skillet; add cubed chicken and cook for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes, save juices in a small bowl
- Combine tomatoes, tomato juices, basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper & half of the minced garlic; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium-low heat
- Add remaining garlic and sauce for about 20 seconds
- Increase heat to medium high and stir in previously prepared tomato salad
- Add tomato sauce to pan, bring to a boil
- Add prepared pasta to sauce pan and toss around until coated. Set aside.
- In a small pan, bring to a boil Villa Gabriella Organic balsamic vinegar and sugar. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until sauce turns to a thick syrup. Remove from heat and add to prepared pasta.
- Add prepared chicken & parmesan cheese to pasta
Tried, Tasted & True!
At Villa Gabriella Organic our team tries & tastes every recipe we feature. While we love to share our family recipes & those of talented home cooks & chefs, sometimes we adapt them so they are even easier to make. As with our products, our goal is for you to have a healthy & delicious experience using Villa Gabriella recipes. So try them out in your kitchen, feel free to tweak them & please tell us what you think. We welcome your comments & feedback!
Grazie da Team VILLA GABRIELLA