Skillet Chicken & Green Beans with Lemon Tahini Sauce
Tahini originated from ancient Persia over a thousand years ago. A staple ingredient in Middle Eastern cuisines, the protein packed paste is made from ground sesame seeds and used to make hummus. We tweaked a recipe using chicken breast, fresh green beans, Spanish onions & tahini paste. Serve with orzo, quinoa or rice for an easy weeknight dinner.
• 8 organic skinless chicken breasts or skinless, boneless chicken thighs
• 2 tablespoons Villa Graziella Organic Extra Virgin Olio Nuovo Olive Oil
• 1 ¼ cups organic chicken broth
• 8oz. fresh or frozen green beans, trimmed
• ½ cup Tahini paste
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 4 shallots peeled & quartered, we used Spanish onions since we had no shallots on hand
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons paprika, we substituted with crushed red pepper flakes
• 2 teaspoons, fresh dried thyme, crushed
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Sprinkle cumin, thyme & paprika onto meat, rub in with fingers.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high.
3. Add chicken & cook 5-7 minutes or until well-browned, turning once. Remove & transfer to a plate.
4. Return heat to medium. Add green beans, shallots, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
5. Cook 3 minutes or until shallots are browned & beans soften, stir occasionally.
6. Return chicken & juices to skillet. Add 1 cup broth. Bring to a boil, simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until chicken is done (170°F).
7. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken & vegetables to a plate.
8. Whisk tahini, remaining 1/4 cup broth, and the lemon juice into liquid in skillet. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
9. Return chicken & vegetables to skillet; heat through.
10. Sprinkle dish with lemon zest, enjoy with Villa Graziella Organic Bianco Toscano IGT.